Thursday, July 5, 2012

An Introduction


This blog will cover the three topics I currently care about most: bikes, politics, and science (the occasional post about music might appear too). I’m interested in each of these topics for different reasons, many of which I plan to cover in the following posts. These topics also overlap quite a bit from time to time, for better or worse, and I'll definitely discuss those overlaps.

When it comes to bikes, my primary interest lies in riding them. I won’t be reviewing the newest Dura Ace components – I can’t afford them and neither can most people who ride bikes and better qualified people than me already have it covered. As for politics – if you think President Obama’s an America-hating Muslim, you’re probably in the wrong place. I’m a liberal and believe in facts and well-reasoned arguments. Which brings me to science. Science gives us answers and information – evolution and climate change are real. While it is our responsibility to continuously question and think critically about what science tells us, it is also our responsibility to heed what we learn from science and plan for the future. Plus, science is just really cool.
So to sum up the focus of the following posts and draw this introduction to a close: get on your bike and ride, be knowledgeable about and involved in politics, and make an effort to understand science.

No comments:

Post a Comment